Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our Angel Elijah


I just wanted to post these pictures mostly for us to remember our baby. We were so excited to have another chance at being parents so soon after suffering a miscarriage at 7 weeks. The D&C was 4/29/2011, a Friday, and 16 weeks later (to the day) we learned our new son, who was so eager to come to our family (16 weeks gestation) no longer had a heartbeat and I would need to be scheduled for induction soon. I'm so happy I felt inspired to get this ultrasound done Monday. We were able to see all of our baby and his beautiful heartbeat. I feel so blessed for this tender mercy and inspiration! I know this day and the following will be hard but I know our Savior loves me and our family and we will be a complete family some day. Thanks to my wonderful friends and family for your support. I love you so much!
Love,
Nick and Sonja














6 comments:

Lera said...

:( I'm so very, very sorry Nick an Sonja. What a difficult time your family has had lately. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Natalie J said...

I am so sorry! Please know that there are so many that love you and are praying on your behalf! I am glad you got to know him for a little while and even more glad that you know he is yours for eternity! Love, Natalie

Rachel said...

I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you guys. I love your family so much and what a beautiful post you just shared. I'm here for you anytime.

amylynr said...

I don't know why some of the hardest things happen to the best people, but you guys are the best and I know you will get through this. Such a hard thing but a blessing and comfort to know you have an eternal family. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

terryvn1 said...

Nick and Sonja: so sorry that we'll have to wait a while to get to know Elijah. We love you guys, and love the four fantastic grandchildren you've given us. (Two of whom are up lecturing grandma on something right now!) Hang in there, and let us know what we can do to help.

Tukuafu's said...

I love you. You are an amazing, strong, loving, patient Mama and I am lucky to call you friend. I am praying for you guys. Love you!