Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm putting off folding laundry!

I think the permanent title for my blog should be blogging slacker, seriously! I love reading everyone's blogs when I have time, but it takes me forever to update my own. I decided since I want to put off folding the laundry for as long as possible, I should blog. I don't have any kids to watch this week and I almost don't know what to do with myself! Except for the fact that I have my sister's bridal shower to get together and my house to clean for her in-laws that are flying in next weekend from Italy and staying at my house. Crazy times. Nick has a huge assignment due this Thursday that he's been working on, literally, FOREVER! I feel so bad for him. He works so hard.
I actually have a story to tell this time, instead of just updates...
So Sunday Nick and I went with his parents to their stake center to watch the Draper Temple Dedication and we were sitting in the last row of metal chairs, talking very quietly, before the dedication began. They were showing pictures of the temple and playing music while everyone took their seats. Anyway, this lady that was sitting two rows in front of us (with no one sitting in between the rows) came up to us and said "Hi." We were like, uh, "hi." Then she started pointing to each of us while demanding, "STOP talking, now! No more through this whole thing, okay?" Mind you this is Nick's dad, mom, Nick, and me sitting there. I couldn't believe it! Nick and his mom were just whispering to each other about temple stuff, I was reading, and Nick's dad was just watching the pictures! Normally I can quickly think of something clever to say, but I was in complete SHOCK! Especially considering there was a whole row of older kids sitting on her same row, who were talking to each other, giggling, and moving around a lot. Gee I wonder how people get the impression that Mormons are self righteous and rude? I can't imagine how this person treats people in the outside world, holy cow! I should've gotten her name and what ward she attends, so we could pay a visit and sit behind her with our children! Then she'd know what loud is! Crazy stuff, eh?

3 comments:

Corky said...

You are so funny Sonja! I probly would have been in shock too with that lady! I'm sure Jenn would have back handed her though! Hopefully you get to relax a little this week. I have some bridal shower decorations if you want them. Used them for my friend's shower. We will miss seeing you. Thanks again for all of your help with the babe! I'm having a hard time taking her somewhere new :(.

Rasmussen Forever said...

Sometimes you just have to put things off, so you can catch up with yourself. If that lady talked to me, I'd tell her to be quiet herself. Oh the nerve! If you need any help with the shower, I'm just around the corner. Give me a ring and I'd love to help out. How's the pregnancy going? Post some pictures of yourself, I'd love to see them. Love ya sister! Take care.

Tukuafu's said...

What a biz! I totally would have had throwdown part1 with that psycho! Whatever! I am sure you thought of something clever after.. it always happens that way!