Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mom update

I just wanted to write down what's going on so far. My mom wasn't feeling well (pain in her arm and chest) and so she made an appointment with her family prac. doctor and when she went in they hooked her up to have an EKG (I think) and found she was having a heart attack right then. The doctor called to the nurse to call 911 and he threw 2 asprin at her and gave her nitroglycerin. The hospital was only 1 block away from the doctors office but since she had driven herself to the appointment they had to wait for the ambulance to come and drive her the 1 block to the hospital. Last night they transferred her to the University of Utah Hospital because the American Fork Hospital isn't quite equiped with what they needed to test her. Once at the U, they found that her heart was not damaged from the attack-probably because of the speed in which she received treatment. This morning between 2 and 5 am she kept the nurses busy running into her room because her heart rhythm is all over the place. When I went to visit her at noon today they said the problem is probably being caused by the atrium and not the ventricles which is "better" scenerio wise. When I left her, she was being taken to have a treadmill test, which we weren't too happy about because she was having problems just laying in bed, with oxygen on and meds in her system. So that's the news for now. I'll update once we know more. Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes!

3 comments:

Camie said...

You guys sure have had a rough time! We love ya! You're in our prayers! And please let us know if there's anything we can do!

Doug, Shellie & Kids said...

We are keeping all of you in our prayers! Hope everything goes well and she is feeling better soon! I am also thankful my mom was so close to Madelyn when she jumped in the 4 ft end of the swimming pool yesterday! It would have been no fun for you to come home from visiting your mom to a drowned daughter - I am still having flashbacks from that! Here's to hoping you get that little dare devil into swimming lessons!

mimi said...

Sonja, I'm so sorry about your hard month...
I'm really worried about your Mom...How is she doing?! Can I get a hold of her at home or is she still in the hospital. If you talk to her soon please tell her we love her and are praying for her!