Sunday, June 28, 2009

Madelyn's head meets a sharp corner

Today it was 12:55 PM and we were in a rush to get out the door. I (Nick) was packing stuff up in the kitchen and Madelyn comes cruising in at full speed with her new dress shoes on. They don't have any traction really, so she slipped and hit her head on the outside corner of our cabinets. I picked her up, and gave her a hug, then realized that her head was bleeding. The cabinet had cut her head pretty bad. My church shirt got a lot of blood on it, and so did her dress. The cut was about an inch long, and looked pretty deep. I dropped Sonja, Andrew, and baby Luke off at church, and I took her into the instacare. It seemed that 3/4 of the people there had the swine flu, as I saw a lot of masked faces. Madelyn got four staples and didn't cry (but they did give her local anesthetic gel before doing the staples). I am impressed with how tough she is! These pictures don't really do it justice because the blood has been cleaned up, but you can see the little staples at least.




4 comments:

Angela said...

Poor girl, she is a brave little girl to get those staples. Lilly had a similar thing happen and she had to get staples as well in her head. It's so sad when you see them hurt like that.

Natalie J said...

Poor Madelyn! I dread the first time I have to take one of my kids to the ER for stitches/staples. Since there were so many people there with the swine flu, I hope you guys don't catch it again. That would be awful.

Tukuafu's said...

Shoot.. poor little thing! I am investing in helmets for my kids.. :)

Eric and Allana said...

OH MAN!! I'm sorry! Glad everything is okay though. :)