Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's been awhile

I feel like I haven't blogged in a long long time! We've been so busy that I haven't been able to read others blogs or write on my own. Things have been so busy mostly because of Nick's schooling and how much time he dedicates to it.
The kids have been doing really well. Andrew is having a hard time not acting like the parent to Madelyn, but we are working on that everyday. He tries really hard to keep her out of things (which is nice) but the way he does it is the problem. Usually he'll drag her away from something by grabbing her by her head! She'll usually fight back by biting him, then they get into a fight. For the most part they get along well, the fights usually happen when one, or both of them are tired. We love naps around here, that's for sure!
I went to the doctor today because I've been having pain in my right ear for a little while and then this morning I woke up with pain radiating on the outside of my ear. The doctor said I have an ear infection and gave me some amoxicillin to take for the next 7 days. I hope it starts helping me feel better because I haven't been sleeping very well for awhile because I sleep on my right side or stomach.
Nick seems to be catching on to his class really well and is enjoying the new knowledge he's getting. Even though I'm exhausted from picking up the extra slack, I'm really excited for him to further his knowledge! It makes any time we get to spend together very precious, that's for sure!
I'm really excited for conference this weekend and can't wait for the talks that will be given. They always uplift and give me hope and sometimes I get great naps too!
I hope this next week finds everyone happy and well! Hopefully I'll be better about blogging and will have better and more interesting updates for next week...

6 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

Your kids are so normal or at least they're just like mine. Sorry about your ear, that stinks to have to go through something like that. You are such an awesome mother and wife. Don't ever cut yourself short. In five years, you'll look back and say to yourself, the sacrifice is all worth it. If you want a date with your hubby, call me and I'll watch your kids, they are about the same age as my children and I think they would have a ton of fun together. I always look forward to reading your posts, glad your back.

Natalie J said...

That sucks that you have an ear infection! I am glad that you went to the dr for it (instead of your mom's remedy). Other than that, you are feeling well? We should hang out when I can move again! The kids need to play.

Natalie J said...

Thanks for the offer to get the boys. My mom came yesterday and today and my sister is coming tomorrow. Part of my aches are gone, so I am hoping it is all downhill from here. We do need to hang out sometime, though. I will talk to you soon.

Doug and Laura said...

Hey guys! I am glad we found you to give you an updated address to our blog. It is www.dougklarman.blogspot.com

Love the updates!

Lianna Black said...

Im sorry about your ear infection too..I was so happy to take Madelyn, she is so cute! Hope you are feeling better by now! I know how you feel about having a boring life and nothing to blog about...LOL same for me! Love ya! :)

Summer said...

I hope you are feeling better, I can't wait for our date this week! Davis has been talking about you and Andrew every day, just so you know! He misses you!