Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Six things...

I was tagged by Christie.

The Rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I have a really sensitive gag reflex. I can barely swallow tiny pills let alone big huge vitamins. I can't even take prenatals when I'm pregnant because I absolutely will throw them up. When I go to the dentist and they take my xrays, the tech ends up running to push the button to take the picture and runs back because I'm gaging so bad and tears are rolling down my face. I reassure them I'm not crying, just gaging.

2. I can't wear turtleneck shirts or really anything that touches the front of my neck. Again relating to the gag reflex...when I'm pregnant even if the seatbelt sits on my neck I will throw up. I have to wear v-necks or round neck shirts, which are sometimes hard to wear with g's.

3. I hate swimming alone. In my family we would often go camping for long periods of time, of course only where there were lakes present. My older brother (Ryan), my older sister (Monica), and I would always try and swim across any lakes we were at. One time I was in the middle of a lake (Suttle Lake I think, which has tons of full size, huge trees on the bottom) when my brother started telling me about fresh water sharks...Needless to say, I found a huge tree that was floating in the lake and sat there for a good while, until I could find the courage to swim back to shore. One thing that probably aggravated my hate of swimming alone was that my classmate in 6th grade, Rory, drowned at the same lake during that summer.

4. I have very high expectations when it comes to Italian food and I love fettuccine alfredo! I order it almost all the time when at Italian restaurants. Even when dieting I just order the kids meal and eat half of it, to fit it into my calorie range for the day. It's so yummy! My best friend Kelli and I would always go to an Italian restaurant in Bend, OR that served spinach fettuccine alfredo with chicken, it's rated #1 on my list, Carrabba's #2, Macaroni Grill #3 (just recently moved up), and if I'm dying for an Italian fix and the above named restaurants aren't close- Olive Garden comes in as #4.

5. Speaking of food...I could eat a whole batch of cookies by myself! Cookies are my weakness, if I didn't like cookies I would probably weigh 100 lbs. less! My favorite are Oatmeal chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia nut. Nick's sister just made some chocolate chip zucchini cookies that were delicious and are now a favorite.

6. I refuse to clean the toilets! Nick and I had a discussion before we were married about this. I let him know that I would not be the one who would be cleaning toilets (this only pertains to toilets that guys use). I don't know if it was from living with brothers, or what, but guys make bathrooms disgusting! When he cleans the bathrooms, Nick does a fabulous job!

You're it:Lianna, Natalie, Summer, Allana, Rachel, Shellie

3 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

I think those are pretty spectacular! I'm so with you on the gag reflex thing, ever since I was pregnant with my first, I never got over being sensitive to certain smells and things. Also with the turtle neck thing, there are only a select few in the world that can pull it off, not me and scary about those fresh water sharks, that's funny but not. I too hate swimming alone. The cookie and toilet topic, honey, I am 100% with you.

Lianna Black said...

I already did this tag on my blog bofore..LOL so sorry! haha I have a very sensitie gag reflex too - not as bad as you I dont think but it pretty bad and especially when I am pg. I can take my pills with like a huge glug of water in my mouth..haha as long as they go down fast. When they get stuck I freak..haha I love cookies too...so nummy!!! I knew there was a reason I am a chub..LOL I love cookies too and can eat every choc chip cookie I ever made..haha Good thing for me Sean likes them too so I have to share..so funny! I think the pregnancy diet works for me because the treat desire is totally shut down. Imagine habits changing and weight coming off...haha who knew! Love ya! :)

Rachel said...

Sonja, I was only kidding about the tag thing! I do think it's kinda fun once I get started, but I also love to read other people's tags. So no worries!
Yes, I must agree with the cookie thing, I've decided they're just about my favorite thing! Also one of my quirks would have to be my ridiculous fear of spiders! I'm not kidding, it's out of control here. I cannot walk anywhere in the dark w/o turning on a light and thoroughly scanning the area first! I have even prayed that they won't crawl on me or my family while we're sleeping! Would you say I've got a problem, YES! Will you still be my friend? (: Fun stuff, these tags are, aren't they!