Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Bet

You all just couldn't wait for me to post my weigh in update! I know I'm a little late posting it, but here it is...this last week brought me down 3 more lbs. Not the huge numbers I was hoping for, but a loss and I'll take it. That leaves 46 lbs. to get to my 1st step goal. I only have about 7 weeks to be at that goal, so it probably won't happen-but I'll take whatever I can get. Nick has finished 2 class days out of 32 for this semester and I hope he will hang in there. The first day was a huge disaster because right before he left work to be at school things blew up (that of course he designed) so orders could not be tested and sent to customers, then the teacher announced that the course was going to be very fast paced and they weren't going to do much review at all (Nick last took the pre-req classes 3 yrs ago), and then on the way home from class his car started smoking! What a way to be welcomed back to school, eh? I think if Nick can take it one class at a time, he'll do really well. We were able to go to the temple tonight, thanks to Nick's mom watching the kids and the bishop's daughter filling in last minute as well. It's such a nice way to hush the mind and not think about all the little everyday things. I have to give a shout out to Natalie for being willing to watch the kids even though she wasn't feeling well. THANK YOU!!! Well I think that's it for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

Darn, when it rains, it pours! You guys are the best, to many people, me included, have moments like that and when we do, it's like nothing else matters except that moment and it needs to fix right then or we'll scream. But you both took advantage of the moment and went and did the Lords work, thank you, you are such a great example. And girlfriend, no need to worry about those pounds you have left to burn. You look so great already, you just gotta keep smiling, it's what people remember most about you. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Rasmussen Forever said...

You've been tagged, see my blog for it.

Lianna Black said...

Yikes! Sounds like Murphys law too a little bit..dang! Not so good for the first welcome back to school. I hope it goes better from here! :)