Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I could cry...

Saturday we were at our ward party and right when we got there Madelyn knocked my glasses off my face. They fell on the gym floor and broke (not something I could fix). I thought no big deal, I just bought new prescription glasses and sunglasses and I could just start wearing the new ones. I had been keeping them in my purse just in case something happened to my old ones. We got home and I went through my purse and my glasses weren't there. I searched the whole house, both cars, everywhere, but no glasses! I've called a ton of places I've been in the last while but no one has turned in my glasses. The last time I remember wearing them was at the Utah State Fair on September 12th and the last time I thought I saw them in my purse was a couple Thursdays ago when I went to work for a couple hours at SelectHealth. I wore contacts the last couple days (which I can't stand for more than a couple hours) and now I have a stye or something in my eye that hurts all the time! I can't believe we just spent $175 on these glasses in August and I've already lost them! It makes me sick! Summer gave me a couple of her old pairs of glasses to use the frames with my new lenses (which I did use one frame for the new glasses but the others wouldn't work for the sunglasses) so I have one pair left. One of the lenses is my prescription but the other isn't, so I've been wearing those around for a couple hours but I start feeling weird and have to take them off.
Last week I was at my OB/GYN for an appt and he said I have a UTI, so I've been on antibotics for that, right when I got off antibiotics for my ear infection. I get really sick taking them and instead of morning sickness I get evening sickness. So with the combined antibiotics and evening sickness, Nick has had to pick up a lot of slack! I feel so bad for him and our house is in constant shambles. The kids have been pretty good besides Madelyn finally getting her two teeth in, so things will have to start looking up. I only have 3 more days of antibiotics!
I guess you're probably wondering about the "morning sickness" comment, yes we're expecting baby #3! I've been so worried because I haven't been sick like I was with Madelyn and Andrew, but we've seen the baby's heartbeat and everything looks good so far. The due date so far is May 24th and I couldn't be more excited to be pregnant during the winter! We didn't even have to take clomid, the timing was the Lord's and we are so thankful for the answer to our prayers!
The names we're liking right now are Ella Kirstie and Elijah Kirk (all family names except Elijah). We'll probably find out in December if we're having a boy or girl. With Madelyn we did fetalphotos when I was 17 weeks pregnant, but that was when my sister was due at the same time and we went together. This time we might just be patient and wait for the 20 week appt. with my doctor.
Sorry for the long post! They all seem to be long lately!

6 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

Oh sweet, not the glasses incident, I'm so sorry about that. But I'm so excited about #3. That's so great. I hope you get feeling better and I hope you can still make it to GNO. Please let me know what I can do for you. I'm just around the corner. Call me. Take care of yourself.

Natalie J said...

I am sorry that you are having a rough time. Now you know the reason I don't get new glasses. I am hoping I can make these last until I get my lasik surgery. I don't ever lose them, but the kids like to headbutt me and it just seems that my glasses take quite a beating.
I hope you immediately feel better after your antibiotics this time. You have the timing perfect on this pregnancy. I want to time it the exact way and have a May baby. Mine will just have to be a year younger than yours cause...well, you know.

Unknown said...

Yeah for you and baby #3. Sorry I stole your thunder at work. But we are all excited. Good luck with the sickness and the glasses thing.
merilee

Camie said...

That is the worst!! I do stuff like that (losing the brand new glasses) ALL the time!! It's very frustrating! Hopefully they'll turn up somewhere! Congrats again on baby #3! I love the girl name! ;)

Tukuafu's said...

Crap- sorry about the glasses.. don't beat yourself up too much!! Congrats again on the baby.. I seriously am so excited for you. Are you nervous to take on my kids for the next few months? Maybe that is why you aren't sick.. Heavenly Father knew you had a big plate! Love ya!

Lianna Black said...

Im so sorry about the glasses...I need to buy some too cuz i think Camo pitched mine. They were old as dirt so I need some new ones anyways. Im so happy we will have babies close together! Its so exciting! I really hope you feel better soon from all your ills you poor baby. Let me know if I can help! :)