Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good Times and Bad

I'll start off with the good news. I had my second ultrasound last night at the doctor's office and the baby is looking awesome! We saw the heartbeat for the second time and he/she looks just like the pictures online show he/she should look. Just two more visits before we find out if we're having a girl or boy. I'll have to start a poll someday, to see what ya'll think.
The bad news. Andrew has been sick and very miserable! He's had fevers for three straight days and his tonsils are swollen and filled with pus (sick, I know)! When he talks I can hear his tonsils touching, it's so nasty. His eyes have also been really bugging him. They are red and swollen and bloodshot. I think this must be related to allergies or something. Even on tylenol and motrin his fevers don't really go below 101. He's had two rapid strep tests that have come back negative and we're waiting on cultures, still! Last night the doctor said he could have a bacterial infection that they can't test for (right!) and to go in again if he starts getting a stiff neck! Nick missed my prenatal appt. again because he was at the doctor's with Andrew. I've been really mean lately because I'm sleep deprived and just want Andrew to feel better. I just hope Madelyn doesn't get this because she has been sneeking sips out of Andrew's sippy cup. She is so naughty!
Well the little miss is up now, gotta go! I hope you all are healthy and happy!

2 comments:

Eric and Allana said...

It sounds like Kynzlee and Andrew have the exact same thing!! I am starting to get SUPER frustrated with the doctor and how he is not very proactive in this situation! I too am hoping the baby doesn't get sick. I have been Lysoling and Cloroxing my house like it's cool. I kinda feel like I am going insane!!

Doug, Shellie & Kids said...

Sorry to hear about Andrew hope he is feeling better soon!