Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We're almost there

Well, we have less than 48 hours before the little guy's, big debut. I can't believe the time has come and we still don't have a name for him! Nick and I went to Park City this last weekend for a final getaway before the craziness begins and instead of settling on a name, we added to the list of names we like.
I thought it'd be fun for people to add a comment of what they think the baby will weigh and how tall he'll be. Whomever is the closest I'll send them a little treat, so let me know what you think!
Here are Andrew and Madelyn's stats if that matters or helps: 8 lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches and 7 lbs 10 oz, 20 inches. Andrew was 9 days early and Madelyn was 8 days early. This baby will be 9 days early...Good luck!

Funny coincidence...
We bought a crib from a guy on ksl.com and Nick was finally able to put it together, to find that it is broken! I had already bought a changing table from kid to kid that matched the crib, but I had saved the receipt and left on the tag, so if we needed to return it for some reason, we could. We decided to make the defective crib into a toddler bed for Madelyn and change her bed back into a crib for the new baby. Which has a changing table already attached to it. So we headed to kid to kid to return the changing table that we didn't need now, but they wouldn't take it back. Although they informed me they would buy it back at a 40% markdown. No thanks! So I listed it on ksl.com and sold it the next day, and actually made a $1.26 profit. That night Nick was putting Madelyn's new bed together and found that he needed some screws that the defective crib/toddler bed didn't come with, so he headed to Lowe's. After he got home, I jokingly asked him if he had spent my precious profit on the screws. He was downstairs and started laughing because he checked out the receipt and the screws cost $1.26 after tax. What are the odds? So I guess we came out even on everything and I don't feel so gypped any more!

3 comments:

Natalie J said...

I am so excited to see your little guy. I don't know when I will get to see him, cause Jason is heading out of town on Sunday and will be gone for a week (I won't have anyone to leave the kids with while I come visit). So I will have to wait a week. :(

I am glad your stuff all worked out even. It sucks that it wasted your time though.

Let me know if you need anything.

Angela said...

Sorry, to hear about the crib and all the rest of the mishaps. It's because the baby is coming, that's why you have all the problems. So my guess on the baby will be 20 inches and be 7 lbs. 4 oz.

Lera said...

I love KSL; I've had similar experiences selling stuff I couldn't return.

Good luck with the delivery! We're looking forward to some cute baby pictures.