Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm too busy!

This has been Andrew's answer to anything I ask him to do. He also wanted his sippy cup filled up so he threw it to/at Nick and said "fill up my water bottle dad." No please or thank you...fun times.
We've been thinking of selling our van and just using Nick's car. With trax making it's way out here, he could just ride that to work because there's a station directly behind his work building. It would save so much money. So if anyone is, or has family that is looking for a new vehicle let them know about us. It only has 12K miles on it and is a 2006. We bought it brand new and it's still under warranty.
Today Madelyn finally said mom and mama for the first time. It was cute she kept patting me on the back saying it. Every time we'd ask her to say mom in the past, she'd just say dada and smile.
We've also moved Madelyn into Andrew's room and it's been going pretty well. She's been a little fussy because her other front tooth is about to pop through, but it hasn't really bugged Andrew too much. Today she was crying after naps so Nick went up and got her. When he went in the room Andrew informed Nick that he was still going to sleep some more, and he did for another 2 hrs!
I need some ideas on how to decorate the room to accommodate both kids. I was thinking of painting 2 walls a nice chocolate brown and then putting up pink vinyl dots (or flowers) on Madelyn's side and then light blue dots on Andrew's side. My dad thought of the idea of doing the saying of what little girls and boys are made of in each color. Anyway, any thoughts would be nice.
Nick's brother in law came on Saturday all day, and framed most of the rest of the basement. It looks so good! We love it! He just has a little bit more to be finished. Tomorrow my dad and Nick are renting a cement cutting saw and going to do some major work to get the bathroom down there ready for plumbing. The retarded builders had the shower drain too close to the stub out for the toilet, so we get to move the toilet over. Then they also put the sink right next to the toilet, so we get to move that way over too. It takes so much work to do, so I'm glad my dad has dealt with this all before.
Well I guess that's the end of my random thoughts for the day.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I think your blog looks super cute...now you need to help me with mine! Sorry we missed your party on Saturday-how was it? That is so exciting you are moving so quick on the basement and I like your ideas for the kids room. I will talk to you tomorrow!

Lianna Black said...

I like your idea for the kids room. brown is definitly a color that goes well with just about any other color and is so especially cute with pink! Maybe you could paint their names in wood letters with their respective colors too if that wasn't overkill in any way..hehe Thanks for the love on my blog! I too hope the next month or too will be "fruitful"!! hehe

Rachel said...

I like both ideas for your kids rooms, they sound so cute!!
Also, sorry about not telling you I am pregnant, I swear I told you!! I meant to anyway, maybe I just thought of it each time I saw you and then in so doing, just assumed I already had. Anyhow, you were right. Did that comment mean you guys are pregnant too? I was going to say, sometimes I can tell if people are pregnant too just by looking at their face (not their belly, it's just a look about them or even a certain feeling they give off), but I haven't been sure about you guys. I've wondered though. I know we were both planning on trying in August, oh wait, it's practically August now. Funny thing is, we decided to wait for sure until Aug, the day before I found out. So much for that idea!