Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's past time for another update...

Yesterday I didn't have time to post my update for the weigh in because I was watching my sister's 3 yr old twins and 11 month old baby. Needless to say, it was a busy day!
Well my weight loss totaled 4 lbs. for this last week (2 lbs. more from my last weight update), leaving 49 more to go. I was hoping for 5 lbs.+ but I think the monthly cycle didn't allow that to happen. I'm hoping next Tuesday I'll be able to put up some good numbers to catch up to my goals. I have 10 more lbs to lose in order to be at the half way mark of meeting my goal.
Every day Madelyn is walking more and more. It's good to see her try over and over again, even when she falls. She keeps saying random words here and there, mostly repeating what we say. Some of the things she says: Dada, mama, here, yeah, And (for Andrew), Madyn (for Madelyn), and of course the famous "NO."
Andrew seems to be going through a phase of testing the limits again. I don't know what brought that on, but he is finding himself on timeout quite often. He's been really quick to say "I'm sorry", and somehow thinks that means he shouldn't have to face any consequences. Hopefully this new phase will pass quickly!
Nick and my dad are getting tons done in the basement. Plumbing is done, vents are pretty much done, framing is almost done. I can't wait for these last rooms to look like the rest of the basement. It will be so great! Well I think that's it for now.

2 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

You go girl!! Minus 4 is better than none. You're doing so awesome. I'll call you soon, to set up a time when we can get in shape. I definitely need a buddy, cause time flies by when you've got someone to work out with. Plus my doctors recommend it. You're a wonderful example, thank you. And your kids sound so cute, I love the time-out deal with Andrew. Don't worry that's all boys, my son does the same thing too. You have got to take some before and after photos of your basement. I think it's fun to see home improvements coming along. Talk to you soon.

Lianna Black said...

YAY any weight loss is so nice! ..hehe - thats great that you are so diligent and its working :) I have lost 20 lbs on the pregnancy diet so far...lol too bad thats the only bonus for being sick..hehe